Funding Options

There are a number of different ways to help fund your care. When you contact us to enquire about arranging care, we look at all your options as a matter of course but here is a summary of the various Government, local authority and NHS funding. Personal Budgets - The government allocates a Personal Budget to each person who is eligible, which is given to applicants after a successful assessment. This budget can be paid to you directly by your local authority or you can instruct them to make payments to your care provider on your behalf. Direct Payments - You may qualify for financial help with your care via Direct Payments provided by your local council. This funding gives you the most control over your care without the process of going through the local authority. Local authority funded care services - Your local authority may cover some or all of the cost of care in some circumstances, but what it pays depends on what your needs are, how much money you have, and what level and type of care and support you require. If, for example, the person that is  ‘cared for’ has assets of £23,250 or more, they will probably have to fund their own care. The Money Advice Centre. Provides free and impartial information on Local Authority funding. Private payments - If you are not eligible for Government funding then there are a number of options available to help fund any care needed privately. In all cases we will advise that you seek long-term care funding advice from a specialist financial adviser. You may qualify for some level of funding allowances from your local authority or the NHS: Attendance Allowance - This can be claimed by anyone over 65 who is mentally or physically disabled for help with personal care. Current payments are not means tested, are tax free and are usually added to pension payments. NHS Continuing Healthcare and funded nursing care - A non-means tested package of care funding for those with an assessed health need. Pension credit - This tops up your weekly pension income if it is below the threshold to provide a guaranteed minimum level of income. Council Tax - You can apply for your Council Tax payments to be reduced; with a formal diagnosis of dementia, Council Tax payments will also be further reduced. Additionally, if a Council Tax single occupancy reduction is being claimed, a live-in carer will not effect this benefit. Help from charities and funds - Some charities can help with funding care needs.


General Summary

Care and support services in England are not usually free. Most people will pay something towards their care and some will have to pay for all of the costs.
Care Needs Ltd | 250 Stockport Road | Cheadle Heath | Stockport | SK3 0LX | Tel: 0161 428 7628    Privacy Policy
Specialists in Home Care and Support
Funding Care

0161 428 7628