Our unique Home from Hospital service was introduced by Care Needs in order to relieve the concerns that can arise for individuals returning home from hospital.
For some, the thought of returning home, particularly after a long hospital stay or to an empty household, can be quite daunting. So, a trained Carer can accompany a Service User home using an appropriate method of transport, or if necessary meet them at the property
Please note this service is not currently available as part of a Council funded care package but can be commissioned direct from Care Needs by the Service User, a family member or their representative.
On arriving home, the Carer can:
- Check the heating is switched on and working
- Check the bed is made and changed if necessary
- Check the fridge for out of date food and organise any shopping
- Check medication and liaise with pharmacy if necessary
- Do the laundry
- Clean and tidy the home
- Arrange for any pets to picked up from kennels or catteries
- Sort through any post
- Assist in contacting friends, neighbours and relatives
- Arrange any ongoing services as necessary, for example meals on wheels
- Check the home is secure